Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Last Banquet, Seperation and Farewell

There are many types of tears. We cry when we are sad, we cry when we are overjoyed, we cry when we feel embarrassed. Yesterday, I shed the tears because me and my dearest friend is going their own way. 天下无不散之筵席。I do not know of any simile for this Chinese proverb but direct translation means every banquet must come to an end and everyone going their way.

Life is a sea, we are the one charting and sailing through. Along the way, we met friends that would help us through stormy weather, even help us when our boat capsized. Some are pirates, trying to rob you, make you weep, and lost is the vast sea. There is one friend of mine that had been with me night and day, help me sail through the choppy sea. Her name is Apple. If there is anyone that I would missed after this, it would be her. She made me cry yesterday.

She is a person who speaks directly, straight on the face. Never bother or feel over controlled by the authority. She has a loving heart, never fail to care for those who lacked behind. She is also down to earth, seldom show off. To me, she is the type that you can rest your shoulder on, sharing your thought and problem. We have close friends since second year, even more from then onwards. There had been crisis before, because of my closeness to her, caused a lot of unnecessary suspicion and talking behind our back. Although she is married, I always treated her as the very good friend of mine, nothing more.

Just wanna share the lyric of 'I'll Stand By You' from Pretenders


Oh, why you look so sad?

Tears are in your eyes

Come on and come to me now

Dont be ashamed to cry

Let me see you through

cause Ive seen the dark side too

When the night falls on you

You dont know what to do

Nothing you confess

Could make me love you less


Ill stand by you

Ill stand by you

Wont let nobody hurt you

Ill stand by you


So if youre mad, get mad

Dont hold it all inside

Come on and talk to me now

Hey, what you got to hide?

I get angry too

Well Im a lot like you

When youre standing at the crossroads

And dont know which path to choose

Let me come along

cause even if youre wrong


I just can't fight this overwhelming feeling of sadness. The uncertainty of when to meet again is strong. We will live our life, and head our own way for sure. Till then.

No comments: