Friday, March 21, 2008

Under the Moonlight

Outside my 4 pane window, there is a full moon on top of the coconut tree. The willow is moving ever so slowly with the night breeze. Not a single dog is barking. The night is peaceful and sweet. I had not enjoyed the serenity of the night for the last five years since I further my study in Kuala Lumpur. Last time, I never appreciate the night like what I do now. Peace had been a luxury when you live in KL. Traffic jams, people rushing, talking right in front of your face spraying their saliva, trying to get a piece of you, make fool of you and overtake you; I have had enough with all these craps. Maybe when you lost something, then you will appreciate the thing that you gain. I love peaceful nights.

I enjoy rainy nights more. The sound of the rain drops falling on the leaves, hitting on the window pane are simply the best orchestra of Mother Nature. Before the new house is build, I used to live in a wooden bungalow. There were 4 rooms. Mine was near the road with 2 side windows. There were no air conditioning, only a small wall fan. Whenever it rain, I will fall asleep very fast. It is during the rainy nights that I thought of my late grandma more often. Sometimes I thought I saw her reflections in my room. Sometimes, I can hear her voices talking to me. I couldn't recall much of the past memory of her. But I knew she made a good pants that lasted me 6 years throughout my secondary school time. There are things that I didn't have time to tell her. She left in a hurry. Mr Death had eyed on her.

It is the time for Cheng Beng again. I had not fulfill my responsibility as a grandson quite a while due to time factor. Wish I could make it this year around.

No comments: