Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Aftermath: Battle of the Books

Yesterday was the longest day of my life.

Because on yesterday, I crossed the hurdle between academic life to working life.

The war broken out on the helm of Mount La vie et la mort. It was winter time then. Armed with nothing but hand gun and small medikit, thirty six of young infantries were sent out to the helm to fight. Goal is simple, to survive and come back alive. I was one of the survivor to this battle. There were wolves and vulture waiting for their moments to strike. No sign of human life as far as my eyes can see. At 0925 sharp, the commander stationed us into different battalion, and I was with battalion 7. I didn't realized that was the last time I saw my friends. I have a paramedic in battalion 7. So we scaled the mountain and for sure it was bitter cold. The fog is thick and visibility was poor. My hands are chilled and numb. My thought were only one: to live.

In the small curves ahead, there was a cave, just a small cave enough to fit few peoples. Me and my partner went in to check it out. Suddenly, there was a beast charging at us from this cave. He was tall, dark and hairy and his name is Malades mentaux. His claws were sharp as razor and his eyes were red as fireball. His special moves was attaque de panique. There were no escape. I almost thought this is the end of my 25 years of life. Somewhere deep in my heart was asking me to fight. To stand on my ground. Armed with only 6 bullets and 60 seconds to survive, I fought bravely. Shortly, I ran out of bullet. I have nothing left. We fought and fought for a long time. I didn't realize we had reach the cliff. Behind me was the deep cliff that I can see no bottom and I was surrounded by him. Malades thought he had the upper hand of me. He was laughing out loud. Without thinking twice, he charged at me at full speed. At the nick of time, I evaded him and he fall down the cliff so that was the end of the legend of Malades mentaux.

This battle had taken toll on me. There were wounds of the claws and bites thanks to Malades. Walking downhill, we met the commander. He told me that some of my friends did not make it to the end. I was heartbroken. Deep in my heart, I wish all of my friends reached the shore one day. Now all I need is just a rest to heal this wound. Time can heal everything.

Just wanna share a movie excerpt that I listen to before I go for this battle:

ARAGORN
Hold your ground - hold your ground! Sons
of Gondor - of Rohan . . . my brothers!

I see in your eyes the same fear that would
take the heart of me. The day may come when
the courage of Men fails; when we forsake
our friends and break all bonds of
fellowship; but it is not this day - an
hour of wolves and shattered shields, when
the Age of Man comes crashing down - but it
is not this day!!! This day we fight! By
all that you hold dear on this good earth -
I bid you stand!

Men of the West!

(From:
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING)

No comments: