Friday, December 19, 2008

The Unforgettable Journey to Niah

If you happen to live in Malaysia, you will be blessed with many beautiful places to visit. You will definitely be amazed by the breath-taking scenery, the people and the places. I was skeptical, before this. I never imagine the place I grown up to be such a nice traveler's hotspot until now.

I went to Niah cave last week.

Remembering those days, when I was a little boy, one of the chapter in the History book described the greatness of the Niah cave. They said, it can accommodates 40 737 planes inside. You have to see it to believe it.

The Great cave of Niah (so they called it) was 10.9 hectare wide. It accommodates many other small caves. It once was the home for pre-Historic man in Borneo and their proof of living were marked on the wall of Painting Cave.

What I remembered the most from this trip to Niah was the beauty of the cave. It was rainy season. It caused the lake on the mountain to be filled with water and the water flowed through crevices, creating waterfalls inside the cave. The water snakes into the underground river. The sound and the sight of it is the experience of a life time.

I would highly recommend anyone to visit Niah Cave.

No comments: