Monday, December 8, 2008

Silence of the Rain

I was on called yesterday.

Kuantan had been raining cats and dogs for the past three days. There was almost no daylight. I was lying in my bunker. Next to me, a couple is embracing into sweet dream. I hate myself for intruding. So I turn my body the other way, away from them, awaiting the sleep that was hard to come.

The wind is howling outside. Storm was picking up after subsiding for the nth time. The rain hits the window pane, like a bullets in the battlefield. The door in the next room was blown by the strong wind. The sound can be eerie, but my mind is extraordinarily tranquil that time...

I was walking down the rainy road in midnight. The path connecting my room and the main building was uncovered. Storm was blowing cold wind down my neck, sending chills to the spine. The rain was hitting on my face. Questions after questions that I never asked myself before pops up.

Have I found my other part?
Is she the one?
Am I the one?
Have I done too much?
Or too little?
How she feels about me?
Can I really take this responsibility?

I can't stand the rain anymore.

No comments: