Saturday, December 27, 2008

Goodbye to You 2008, Welcome 2009!


Year 2008 is coming to an end. Time for a reflection for this eventful year.

No doubt it has been an eventful year for me. In Chinese, 2008 is supposed to be an auspicious number, thus an auspicious year perhaps. Maybe. Maybe not. For the starter, this year marked my grand entrance to the earning years. So far 6 months into working, starting to know more about working world, human relationship, team work and no less, the despair, frustration, lethargy and anger. It's so complicated. Spending money is so much fun, but the hardship of earning money makes me think twice before going on another shopping spree.

It also marks the end of my academic year. Or does it. They say in medical field, learning is an on-going process, so they say. After leaving school, I hardly pick up any academic book to read. I should continuously learning, to better myself. The only problem is I haven't decide on the specialty I want to further myself. I haven't decide what I want, but I will give everything a try first.

Then came my relationship. I did not expect it, nor do I work towards it, but it just came head on. They called it my 'yuan' or love luck has arrived. I have to agree. Love at the first sight, so be it. As long as both of us found what we found, appreciate each other, and care for the counterpart more than self, it should keep the steam of love brimming.

In 2009, I wish that I could achieve five things:

  1. Loose weight, make myself looks better and feels even better. This has been my resolution since 6 years old, but I will always work harder to achieve it.
  2. Buy a Digital SLR (is this a wish list or a new year resolution?)
  3. Saving cash, then invest some (the actual amount shall not be disclosed for obvious reason)
  4. Participate in social service, to give a helping hand to the public. I always like the field of palliative care, which I think I could use my knowledge.
  5. Reunite with old mates, throw a good reunion party which everyone can remember upon.
At the end of 2009, I will reflect at the resolution again.

No comments: