Friday, April 4, 2008

Road Trip to Peninsular Malaysia


I am planning for a road trip around peninsular Malaysia soon with couple of my buddies. Starting point will be Kuala Lumpur. We will travel north, using the trunk road, through Ipoh and Taiping, up to Penang, then transect from West to East using the Grik way. From there, we shall go south, cruising along the beach side road. and stop by Kuantan. From Kuantan, we will travel further south till Johor Bharu, finally picking up from there through Melaka and Negeri Sembilan. Finally back in Kuala Lumpur.

This is to reminiscence the old memories of these places. When I was a little boy, my mom used to take us around Malaysia during school breaks. Along the way, we shall meet the friends that had been scattered around after the last parting. Most important of all, I think, is to enjoy the journey along the way, things that we had missed when we rushed things through. Isn't it always that way? The process of doing something is always most fun. However, when we had finished the thing, it is sort of anticlimax already. Just like my medical school life.


Hope that this road trip will bring back some sweet memories to me and my lil car don't give me trouble.

No comments: