Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Celine Dion 'Taking Chances' World Tour Live in KL Attended

I had an amazing weekend. It was all because of Celine Dion. She had performed her best for us, Malaysians in her 'Taking Chances' World Tour in Stadium Merdeka.

The weather was not helping very much initially. It was heavy downpour since 3 pm in KL. However, the weather changed to clear sky at about 5 pm. Me and my mom went there early, so there wasn't so much of traffic and parking was easy. This is the first time she attends any concerts and I thought of bringing her to experient how a live music would feels like. We parked in front of the Victoria Institute. However, the person in charged of parking came and collect RM 10 from us! Who are they actually? The car was parked on the pedestrian's walkway . I never knew the walkway was theirs. Anyway, we just paid.

At 5.30 pm, there was already people lining up to get into the stadium. Celine was singing that time! She dressed in green top and red pants and she sang 'Taking Chances'. After 2 songs, there were no more singing. We waited for at least one hour and the crowd is building up very fast. 10 minutes before seven we were able to be seated in the stadium. As you can see from the photos, there were a very weird structure situated between the RM 400++ seats and it was in the middle. Thus everyone avoided sitting in the middle part of the stadium that faces the centre stage. The stage was quite plain, with 3 big screens and no fancy stuffs, so the enjoyment is purely from the performance of Celine. Meantime, the waiting process was very long and boring as well because there were no slideshow or whatsoever being put up on the big screens. There were only some crappy music box-like songs being played. Wished the organizer could improve on this next time. There were quite a holdup because the VIPs were late. So the show begins at about 9 pm, which was 1 hour later from schedule.

All I can say is Celine Dion is absolutely a superstar. She never failed to entertain us with her strong and powerful vocal and at times, she was witty as well. She is a true singer. It was an one and a half hour intense show. She sang most of her hits such as 'I drove all night', ''Because you love me', 'It's all coming back to me', 'Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore', 'I'm alive', 'River deep mountain high' and songs from her latest album such as 'Taking chances', 'Alone', 'Eyes on me', 'My love' and many more. She ends with 'My heart will go on'. Amazing. As for the clothing, she had been conservative. She wore a silver shining dress, and leather pants throughout the show and only changed to a white gown for the last song. She had been sweating like mad, though.

Even the King also attended her performance. Among the VVIPs were Siti Nurhaliza and Tun Mahathir's son. After the concerts, I managed to grab a poster of her, haha. She will bound for Manchester, UK for her next stop. This will be a memorable time for me and my mother. Thanks to you, Celine. Happy belated 40th birthday, Celine.


The centre stage from where I seat

The RM 200++ seating, not yet packed because it was still early

My mom and her first time in concert

The line behind me at bout 6 pm.

That is how far I was from the entrance. There was a weirdo wearing rain coat (in yellow) despite no rain.

No comments: