Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Painted Window


I was on a walking tour in Ho Chi Minh City. There was this very tall pair of stipples standing in the park of the town. Out of curiousity, I entered the church. I discovered this pair of painted glass on the side wall.

It tells a story. I do not know what the story is about, but I believe during war times, people seek refugee in this church. When the world is full of chaos out there, this place will bring them some peace and shelters. Many had carved words onto the walls, saying their prayers.

We live in a world of chaos, where brothers and sisters fights; the society fights; the government fights; and the nation fights! On the other hand, some had inner war, where there are conflicts of thoughts. All these will bring to unhappiness to us.

Hope you finds your inner peace tonight.

No comments: