Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reflections: Obstetric and Gynaecology


The end is near. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, but what lurks ahead might be total darkness to me. The once happy go lucky, couldn't-care-less person I used to be now underwent changes. Every words I said, everything I did now carries weight, and I have to be responsible to it.
Four months of delivering babies, supposed to be the happiest moment in life. Why I didn't feel the joy? Was I not passionate with my job? I think not. Come to think about it, I think it was due to the medicolegal stuffs that daunt every doctors. How could you be happy if you wake up everyday waiting for phone calls that one day will bring you down, tear your reputation, take away your hard-earned pay and ruined your medical profession. With these thoughts, how could you be happy?
Speaking of hardship, I am already anticipated long work hours ahead, scowling from boss, friends that's take advantage. Its already a norm. What I need is excitement, excitement that brings fire and passion in this job, to get me through.
On the light side, I've someone to share with me the ups and down through the hardship. I've count my blessings. Thanks to the one, that make my life better and more complete. For now, I just want to go home.

No comments: