Friday, October 3, 2008

Reflections: Medical Posting


Four months had passed, just in a blink of eye.

I had completed my first rotation in Medicine posting. It seems like yesterday, a fresh grad, half trembling, half confused, make his steps into this biggest hospital in the biggest state of Peninsular. Countless of sleepless night, exhaustions beyond words, pressure from superiors, ragging from peers, finally, yes finally I reached the end of the steps.

I learned a lot. Stuffs that I don't learn throughout schooling years. Stuff like interpersonal relationship, teamwork, overtime, and overwork. Not that I am not expecting all this to come, but the culture shock it gave to me. If I wasn't strong enough, I would have been a total failure. I would not be considered bragging when I said I am excelling in Medical posting. Most of the supervisors gave me an approving nod. (some even going to the stage to extend me so to help them out with work) I think to summarize it all, hardworking and honesty are the values that everyone values.


Next, I am going into Obstetric and Gynaecology. Hope I still have the passion to go on. I just love this job.

No comments: