Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Final Step Between Learning and Earning Years


Last week I finally attended my graduation. Five years of hardship turning into something rewarding. Walking up on stage, getting the scroll, snap-snap, meeting friends and talking dreams. Now I am a degree holder, haha!

Somewhere before the convocation, we some couple of old friends met up to chit chat. When I thought I worked so very hard, on call almost 10 times per month, there is someone else worse than me. My friend in Sungai Petani had to do calls up to 15x a month! That is equal to doing every other day calls. Phew! Some had significant loss of weight. Others are doing easy calls like 5 to 6 times a month with not much patient to care of. But some did not live to the good name of the University. I heard he left the hospital during his call to meet up with his partner and the whole hospital was looking for him. Irresponsible.

People come with many faces, and many behaviours. What separates us is our attitude. If we have positive attitude, then we will survive well. On the other hand, if we give the impression to other people that we are lazy, then working will be like living in hell. When you manage patient, you can't be lazy. That is what my Prof Emeritus Dr Adeeb favorite quote. Lets give it a deep thought, my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always have high respect for doctors. Doctor carries superior name but slavery work, unless you are a special person, you are going to walk pass this life saving career with nobblehood. Egan I can predict that you are among those special one and God bless you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the complement