Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Fragility of Life

Life is so fragile...

I remembered setting a CVP line for an old man who was just admitted for cardiac failure. He was still talking to the children, like nothing ever happen. The next moment, I was doing resuscitation on him, while his life gently fade away and left behind a lifeless and cold body.

It has been my life, or rather my job to save life. Yet sometimes, sometimes life and death is not in my hand. I can do as much as to help. The fragility of life is something I must learn, and adapt well.

(This week I had seen at least 10 deaths)

2 comments:

peasantboy said...

what.... cvp line? haven't had a go at that!
anyhow. hospital life is like that. we try out best.

keep chugging along my friend :)

Unknown said...

CVP is a short name for central venous pressure line. Inserted from veins to the right atrium of the heart to monitor the exact pressure of right heart chamber.