Saturday, July 26, 2008

Goh, can you do me a favor...

Into working life for about two months now. Start to see things clearer. And I start to know people.

There are a type of people, who is genuinely being a friend with you, helping you out, guide you and cover your back. They treat you as a team, working together towards a common goal.

On the other hand, there are also people who likes to take advantage on other people, thinking that everyone else is stupid and they are the only clever one on earth. Every time a challenging task is assigned to them, they will start to find every one else:" Can you do me this favor?" "Can you help me with this?" "I am really rushing home. Can you manage this case for me?" All sorts of excuses, to evade from work. These people haven't grown out of their cocoon world, still living in the student years, where there is no need for responsibility. In the student years, you can leave the ward anytime you want, throw aside the branula for the houseman if you can't set it and have plenty of holidays. Not anymore since I ventured into housemanship time.

Everyone is getting the same pay. Why would one answer so many favours while the other one just wait and see? Between giving fishes and teaches a person to fish, I would rather go for the latter. As the time comes, our service will be needed to do the daunting task in the middle of the night without any guidance. Only pure skill will help us through. I don't mind sharing the skills, which I did most of the time. But I hate people taking advantage by asking favor everytime the same problem arise.

And the third type of people are those who only work within their working boundaries. They did their job perfectly well, no question asked. But when it comes to do a little bit more, they will be calculative. Team spirit is never existence. These people are hard to work with as well. In the end, the one that works alone will be suffering more.

Which types are you belongs to?

1 comment:

peasantboy said...

haha. dr goh dr goh :)

I'm the kind who gets taken advantage so much so that i don't want to help others anymore. but in the end of the day, i still do. i don't know. i'm a sucker i guess..... :P

don't be too blue man. houseman blues? :) u r saving lives my dear friend. keep chugging along :)

God bless :D